The Corner Shop Scotland is an Arts PR agency based in Leith in Edinburgh which works mainly, although not exclusively, with arts organisations in Edinburgh and around the country. We are looking to appoint a creative and highly organised individual to assist in the smooth running of media campaigns and the office.
The Corner Shop also has an office in Covent Garden in London.
- Is passionate about arts
- Has some understanding of, and interest in, the media and journalism
- Pays close attention to detail and is extremely organised
- Is an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing
- Has an energetically positive attitude and remains calm under pressure
- Has initiative, self-motivation and can work independently
- Has the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Is reliable and professional at all times
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office
The Role includes/requires:
- Supporting the press campaign work undertaken by the Publicists and Director
- Managing online and offline media monitoring
- Building and maintaining relationships and contact with media, clients, associates and suppliers
- Maintaining the company mailing lists and databases
- Attendance at company events and press nights as required
- Administration of press night tickets
- Dealing with requests for images, footage and press information
- Office duties including answering the phones, post, couriers, stationery, travel booking, filing systems, compiling financial statements and equipment maintenance.
- Maintaining office filing and storage systems
- Some flexibility due to the nature of the work
Remuneration, benefits and holiday entitlement:
- 6 month contract with the potential to extend
- Salary: £18,000 per annum, paid monthly
- Working hours: 9.30am to 5.30pm – occasional out of office, evening or weekend work required
- 20 days holiday annually pro rata + public holidays
- Responsible to the appointed Publicist or the Director
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 7th December.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 14th December.
Unfortunately we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.